Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankful for our Thankful Tree

We have so much to be thankful for.  I am especially loving our tradition of having a Thankful Tree.  Each day (or almost everyday) in November each person gets a leaf.  They write their name on one side and something they are thankful for on the other, then they hang it on our tree in the center of our kitchen table.  The blessings they have written down range from guacamole to Heavenly Father's plan.  It is truly fun to listen to what the kids come up with each day.


Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

5 comments:

Audrey Crisp said...

that is darling! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

jeannie said...

I love that idea!! happy thanksgiving to you too!!

Gentry Gang said...

So fun! I'm going to have to copy the tree idea next year. Legoland looks like fun. Max looks so big driving the car by himself. I also enjoyed the footware Claire chose for the day. :)

Gentry Family said...

What a wonderful idea!! I will have to start one next year for sure. Hope you guys had a wonderful Thanksgiving too :) I wanted to come down there so badly... Evan and Emily and their baby ended up coming here instead. Maybe for winter break in Feb/March! I try to convince Michael to go down any break he gets...

denise @ little ant design said...

Love this idea!

And about being thankful for guacamole...who wouldn't be thankful for it? I think our family could live off guac.